Posted On 14 May 2020
Home-made balloon rockets
You will need:
Explore how rockets propel themselves by making these simple home-made rockets. Work indoors or outdoors!
- Feed a straw onto a length of string (about 8-10ft long).
- Set up the length of string – make sure it is taught – between two points.
- Inflate a balloon but don’t tie the end.
- Whilst holding the end of the balloon, attach it to the drinking straw using a piece of tape.
- Countdown and let go of the end of the tape and watch your ‘rocket’ fly along the string!