Tortilla-topped Chicken Bake
My children’s favourite tea! It’s quick, easy!
Preparation and cooking time: 25 minutes
Low fat cooking spray (garlic if possible)
400g boneless, skinless chicken thighs or chicken breast, cubed
295g can of Mediterranean Tomato soup (I’ve also used tomato & basil or cream of tomato and it’s just as good!)
420g can of mixed beans or kidney beans in chilli sauce
40g bag of tortilla chips
60g half-fat mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 4 / 180 C or 350 F
- Using a non-stick pan and the low fat cooking spray, cook the chicken for 5 – 8 minutes
- Add the soup and beans and mix well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place in a heatproof serving dish and sprinkle with the tortilla chips and cheese
- Bake for 10 minutes until the cheese has just melted